Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Colorado XI







Just a few more shots of interest from the Western Slope Memorial.

The first shot is of the Vietnam Service ribbon near the chopper.

The next is a donation from the Vietnam Vets Motorcycle club.

The next one is of a time capsule that is to be opened in the future.

The last one brought home a number of memories for me. I carried one of these ammo boxes with me every time we were on the water. If I have not mentioned it before, I was a boat operator and spent a lot of time running up and down the Mekong river. These were claimed to be waterproof, so I carried anything I needed to keep dry in one I picked up somewhere in my travels. When mustering out of 'Nam, it was confiscated by the Army, so I lost it. So, to see this one here was kind of cool, someone got one out!!

I think this post will do it for now from Colorado. Time to move on. I will post a few more from Colorado at some future date, so keep checking back for them.

Next, I will be in New England, again, so join me on the 26th for something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment