Sunday, April 21, 2024

Michigan

I keep getting drawn back to the memorial in Mt. Pleasant. I have visited here before and you can check out those posts here, and here.

One of the two main attractions here is the statue of one solder comforting another: called War Cry it is seen below.

As with most memorials there are other features as well and, today, here are a few of them.

First, I will note that like so many other memorials to Vietnam, this one includes remembrances of veterans from other times remembering our goal:  "never again will one generation of veterans abandon another." This one seems to have a GWOT helmet upon what is known as a Field Cross.



Reminders throughout the site recall our efforts and sacrifices and ask others to never forget.

So, if ever in Mt. Pleasant take some time to check out this site. If you check the posts from here, you can see that there is much to visit. It is located in Island Park.

Next time, on the 26th, we will return to Mississippi to honor a few more faces, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from Michigan, or any other state, please click on a state name on the left side of this page. Please note that Canada, Ireland, and Puerto Rico have been added to the list as I have found memorials in these places, too.

As is now my custom,  I will ask anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not shown here, to send then to me and I will include them (giving you full credit.) Any number of you have added knowledge and honor to this site by doing just that. It is always appreciated and makes this effort better, more completed. Thanks to those who have contributed and to anyone who will do so now or in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment