Friday, July 8, 2022

Louisiana XI


So, once again, faces. these are a little different as they are all likenesses of actual people.

The first is of the gentleman from Iberville whose story was told previously on this site. You can read that story here, and I recommend that you do take the time, it is really quite a story.

The second face is that is taken from a photograph at the Gonzales memorial, another very extensive and interesting site. See more here.


The final is from a small memorial at the University of Louisiana to Capt. Stephen Bennett, a Medal of Honor recipient who sacrificed his life for his friend. See more of his story here.

It is unusual, at least in my experience, to find these memorials where each of those honored are also actually identifies, at least in picture. The first two of today's faces names are unknown to me, but well known to others and I am thrilled to share their stories with you.

Next time, on the 13th, we will venture back to Maryland, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Louisiana, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment