Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Massachusetts XXII

In my last posting from Massachusetts, I shared some pics from my friend Jay Korff and promised to share more in the future and so today it is time to do just that.

Jay, as mentioned in the last post from Natick, is a reporter with the local ABC affiliate in Washington, DC and over the course of years has become a friend. He visited Natick, MA and sent me these photos.

I love it when others send me information, or corrections or photos and am always open to these contributions.

 
 
The Natick site has a couple of other features.

One is dedicated to the POW/MIAs of our nation, those that should never be forgotten.

You may know that the US and Vietnam have been engaged in a multi-year project to identify and bring home the remaining MIAs from that war. the number has been greatly reduced over the years, but, there is still much work to be done. Currently, there are still of our comrades unaccounted for as the work continues. One must only wonder if the job will ever be completed.

Detail from above

There are nearly 1250 still unaccounted for as of September. I checked my own state and there are still 23. You can check your own state here:

https://www.dpaa.mil/Our-Missing/Vietnam-War/Vietnam-War-POW-MIA-List/

Nearby is this interesting take on the Vietnam Service Medal.

So, this ends my photos that Jay so kindly sent me, but it gives me the opportunity, once again, to invite anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not found on this site to join Jay, and Mike Minnick, and others and send them to me. I will happily give you a photo credit and all the gratitude you can stand!

Next time, in keeping with my yearly tradition, I will post about things unrelated to 'Nam to try to keep some Joy in the Season. So join me on the 20th, at 9:00am, to see whats up!

To see other memorials from Massachusetts, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment