Tuesday, November 30, 2021

South Carolina VIII

I have visited Patriots Point in Charleston in the past and have posted several photos from the extensive Vietnam compound elsewhere on this site.

But, my friend Mike Minnick visited more recently and shared these pics of a memorial that was not there when I visited or somehow I just missed it. Stranger things have happened.

 
 
This dog tag memorial was placed in 2014 during a visit from the  AVTT Vietnam Wall memorial. Many visited and this memorial was permanently placed.
 
 
 
The individual tags of the 896 South Carolinians were placed by local Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts.
 

Next time, on the 5th of December, we will return to Virginia, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from South Carolina,  or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment