Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Colorado XXXII


We have visited Thornton before and you can find that post elsewhere on the site. Today, however, we visit the Thornton Veterans Aquatic Center adjacent to the memorial.

 
 
Inside is their Veterans Memorial dedicated to all from the Adams (County) 12 Five Star Schools. 
 
 
 
While it honors all, four of the five listed here are all casualties of Vietnam.
 



 
 
Vietnam Veterans of America always has said that "Never again would one generation of veterans leave another behind," so in that spirit I will include the only other name listed on this memorial. He deserves the remembrance and respect of us all, especially in light of all that is happening today.

I had a fellow walk up to me one day and ask when I was going to start photographing memorials to the more recent wars. He was clearly a vet and I said, "Well. perhaps that is your job!" Today, however, I feel perfectly comfortable including this brave young man here.

The larger memorial outside and the Aquatic Center are located at 5310 E.136th Avenue.

Next time, on the 11th, I will, as I always do, post something about 9/11. So, join me then to see this year's post at 9:03am.

To see additional memorials from Colorado, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment