Monday, August 23, 2021

Virginia XXIII

It is always a point of interest for me to see just what places do to honor their war dead. I have commented many time, here, about being just blown away by what some small towns do in this area.

Fairfax Virginia is legendary for its role in the founding of our Nation. Mount Vernon and Gadsby's Tavern, just to name two, are located here among literally dozens if not hundreds of other significant sites.

I visited the historic Fairfax County Courthouse to see the memorial to those lost in 'Nam.

One of several plaques, those who lost their lives in Vietnam are remembered here.

The count as best as I can see is 106.

 
 
It nice that even though this memorial is small that they got the years pretty close. As I have commented repeatedly here the first soldier was killed in 1956, but many places start their count with the year their first citizen was lost.
 

Next time, on the 28th, we will visit a memorial , brand new in fact, in West Virginia. So, meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Virginia, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page,


No comments:

Post a Comment