Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Indiana XI

As I have mentioned often, because of the pandemic I have not traveled, except for a couple of relatively local day trips, since March of 2020. On that trip to Alaska I was able to take some shots of memorials in several places. All of those have been posted and may be found elsewhere on this site.

The point is that I am spending all of my time, now, searching files from past trips looking for something to share with all of you.

I am surprised on occasion to find memorials from states where I thought I had exhausted all possibilities.

Today is one of those times. Just perusing files I found this memorial from Brazil, Indiana.

Located on the grounds of the Clay County Courthouse is the memorial to those from the county lost in "Nam."

The jet, by the way, is an F-86 "Sabre Jet" although I could find no documentation that these ever flew in Vietnam.

The two panels list the names of the ten lost.

The memorial is found at the Courthouse on the corner of East national avenue and south Alabama street.


Next time, on the 8th, we will take another look at Kansas, so join me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Indiana, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment