Friday, March 12, 2021

Pennsylvania XXXII

Taylor is a suburb of Scranton, Pennsylvania and along Main Street on the grounds of the Community Center is this unusual and, perhaps, one of a kind memorial.

Its star shape is thought to be the only one of its kind.

The names engraved upon the Pennsylvania Blue Stone are those who have served over the years. There are no designations as to when or where their service was given or, as far as I could determine, if any one gave their life. Nearby, there is a separate stone with short list of names to be remembered, but, again, no other designation.

There are pavers around the area and these have some specifics. these are just two of several I found designation Vietnam.


I have read that there is another memorial in Taylor and I will get back to see it at some time and if it is Vietnam specific in any way, you can bet you will see it here.

Next time, on the 17th, I'll speak to the service of the Irish in Vietnam, so meet me here, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Pennsylvania, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment