Monday, March 22, 2021

South Dakota XXI

About 100 miles northwest of Sioux Falls is the town of Woonsocket and I have written about it previously on this site.

They have a really nice war memorial here that highlights the service and sacrifice of their sons and daughters.

I wanted, today, to once again highlight the faces of some who are remembered here.

 
Here the face of a Sailor, not designated to any particular war, is honored and remembered. He could be anybody from any war.

These pictures were taken before I had created the Faces of Remembrance subgroup of A Means to Heal so I am cropping them out of larger shots. therefore the quality varies. That being said they deserve no less honor and tribute.


This guy is designated as a Vietnam soldier and his expression seems to me to be the only thing needed to tell his story.

There are other faces here too and as I have often said, I am astounded at what small places do for their own. 

Almost unbelievably Woonsocket has a population of 665 as of the last census. Absolutely stunning. Well done!

Next time, on the 27th, we will return to Virginia, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from south Dakota, or any other sate,  please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment