Thursday, November 5, 2020

Georgia XIX

Regular readers will know that from time to time I post about the faces I have seen forever cast in the memorials I visit. I call this subset of photos Faces of Remembrance and today I will share some taken from Roswell, Georgia.

The memorial here can be said to be nearly all faces. The soldier reaches out to the child, perhaps his daughter, while the myriad of faces behind him look on.

Here is the complete memorial called the Faces of War Memorial:



The faces:

 
The Soldier
 
The Child
 
Another Soldier 

                                           An unknown woman

                                             One more soldier

Close examination of this memorial reveals fifty faces of soldiers and others all impacted by the war. At another time I will attempt to isolate some of them and being them to you.

Next time, on the 11th, I hope to have a Veterans Day post. Please join me then, on the 11th, at 11am.

To see additional memorials from Georgia, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment