Tuesday, March 24, 2020

New Jersey XVII

I drove through Greencastle, Pennsylvania and happened to see this VFW. I stopped to check it out and while there is no specific Vietnam memorial here, there are several markers to the lost.



These small stones rest at the base of the flag poles and as you can see there are five honoring the lost from a number of wars.


Two specifically mention Vietnam among other involvements.




The breadth of service these two men willingly gave to their country, to us, is stunning, truly part of the greatest generation. We, the Vietnam generation, should be proud to have served with the likes of these.

Next time, on the 29th, I'll have a special post about National Vietnam War Veterans day, so check in, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Pennsylvania, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

 

Update: You know fatigue is an interesting thing and I guess I can only surmise that it is what caused me to post a site in Pennsylvania as one in New Jersey. I'll work to do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment