Monday, March 9, 2020

Georgia XVI

It surprised me to find that I had not posted these Faces of Remembrance pictures previously.

They are from the Georgia Vietnam Memorial found at the Pete Wheeler Georgia War Memorial Plaza adjacent to the Capitol building in Atlanta that I have featured elsewhere on this site.


The Faces of Remembrance effort on A Means to Heal is an attempt to tell our story through the eyes and faces of those depicted in the statues and memorials honoring them and our efforts in that far away place.

The faces, far too often, show fear, pain, disillusionment and sometimes a disconnection from humanity as seen, too often, in the Thousand Yard Stare.

So, what do we see here?


Here, perhaps, the acceptance that this is the price we pay.



The Nurse, I think, as seen far too much.


And, I know it is just a result of weathering, but this guy seems to be shedding a tear for his buddy or perhaps for us all.

Yeah, yeah, all of this is just my opinion and we all know what opinions are worth. Have a different view? Let me know in the comments section. I'd love to hear from you.

So, on the 14th we will take another trip to Idaho, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorial from  Georgia, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment