Monday, January 27, 2020

Virginia XVI

Orange County, Virginia was once the largest County ever established reaching to the Mississippi River and the Great lakes. It was, also, the home to Mosby's Rangers during the Civil War. When I was a boy there was a TV show about Mosby that we watched every week.

On the corner of N. Madison and W. Main in Orange, Virginia is this small yet dignified memorial to the seven from the area lost in 'Nam.



This may, also, be the smallest memorial I have ever seen, I guess it is 8 inches by 10 inches
You will note that the first name on the list of Vietnam war dead is William Mosby Clarke. I wonder if this is a Mosby relative or just a namesake.

Next time, on the 1st, we will revisit Alabama, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Virginia, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment