Friday, June 14, 2019

New York XIX



Eisenhower Park, on Long Island, is a wonderful place of fun, sports, picnics and all you might expect. It is also a reverent place of remembrance.

I have posted before about a couple of the Vietnam memorials in the park and there is also a beautiful memorial to those lost on September 11th.

Today, I want to show you the last of the Vietnam memorials I found there on my trip a couple of years ago.


It is smaller but no less dignified or important than its larger companions located not far away. It is often the case that these smaller memorials were placed first and later "updated" by the newer, larger ones.


I especially like when the planers and makers of these memorials think to include those affected differently by the war.





Nearby are a couple of interesting features of the park that relate to 'Nam, but are not memorials in this sense. In a future post I will share them with you.

Next time, on the 19th, we will return to Oklahoma for another in my Faces of Remembrance series, so meet me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from New York, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment