Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Georgia XIII



On my first visit to Georgia a number of years ago, I had not yet come up with the idea for my Faces of Remembrance series, so, did not take the portraits of the soldiers depicted here. On my more recent visit I was ready.


This series actually needs little commentary from me as I am frequently struck be the emotion and detail that the sculptors are able to capture, the faces say it all.




I wonder what exactly the sculptor was trying to create here. It does strike me that the weathering of these faces creates tear streams on two of them.

What do you see in these faces?  Please let me know in the comments section, I would love to hear from you and what you think.

Next time, on the 13th, we will revisit Maine, so meet me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Georgia, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.



No comments:

Post a Comment