Saturday, October 6, 2018

Iowa VIII

I have written about the memorial in Bayliss Park in Council bluffs before, but, today, I want to post one of my Faces of Remembrance series, with a small twist.

The soldier depicted in the statue is said to be Phillip Grego who was lost in 'Nam. His family worked tirelessly to have the memorial built.


This picture is not the best, but I think it is a little unusual to see glasses done so well. They are, also, not the standard military issue, interesting.

But, that is not the twist. 

Standing just a few feet away is a statue of a slightly older man who is holding a folded American flag. He is looking towards the statue and while I have no verification, I think he is Phillip's father, or a representative of all fathers.


I also see a certain serenity (?) in each pic. Perhaps it is something else.
At the time I took these pics, I had no idea I would be writing a Faces of Remembrance series, so I did not concentrate on the faces. these were cropped from larger pictures.

One never knows where the journey might take you.

Next time, on the 11th, we will return to Maine, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Iowa, or any other state, please, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment