Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Pennsylvania XXIII

Driving through Waynesboro, Pa., recently I passed what was obviously a memorial of some kind. I couldn't stop then and besides I had no cameras (how often will I make that mistake?) but I determined to return and check it out.


Located in the historic Green Hill Cemetery it was dedicated not too very long ago and commemorates those lost in all wars since the Civil War, who are buried at Green Hill.


The five 5x9 granite markers honor each branch of service and the the names are listed by where and sometimes how these heroes served and died.



Located on S. Potomac Street it is easily seen as you exit Waynesboro back towards
Maryland.


Next time, on the 26th, we will return to Virginia, so, Meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Pennsylvania, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment