Sunday, January 14, 2018

New York XV

This small memorial outside a Funeral Home is what brought me to Oyster Bay. While talking to the people inside about it one of them asked if we (my 'Nam buddy John was with me) knew about the one down the street at the Middle School (seen elsewhere on this site) As so often happens, I was able to locate and capture one I knew nothing about until I talked with locals.


This one, however, sits just outside the door to the establishment and is different because it is dedicated to those who were impacted by Agent Orange and other service connected deaths.



Inside there is a plaque listing many veterans from the area. Presumably these are those cared for by this particular home.


No designations of any kind are listed here, only the names of those that served.


So, our next visit will be back to Washington, so, join me there at 9:00am on the 19th.

To visit additional memorials from New York, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment