Tuesday, January 9, 2018

New Mexico XV

Vado lies a short distance from Las Cruces where I went to see the fantastic memorial that was incomplete the last time I visited several years ago, and I promise to tell you more about that in a future post.

Vado is nearly as opposite as it could be from Las Cruces.


It is small, hand built by two guys, and sits on the side of the road.  You might easily say that it is more intimate than its mach lager neighbor less than 20 miles to the North.


The two plaques list those who served in the Era with no designations as to whom may have been in-country, or might have been lost. They are listed by Service with the whole left plaque and part of the right one dedicated to the Army. The other Services are listed on the right panel, too.


POW/MIAs are listed on a separate, smaller plaque and again on a stone nearby.



This journey began as an effort to capture the 50 state memorials and as I have mentioned before it grew into a much larger project and I have been surprised by how much these smaller, perhaps more personal memorials have come to mean to me. This one is no exception, I just love it. Thank you, Vado.

The memorial may be found at 9350 Hwy 478.

Next time, on the 14th, we will return to New York, so join me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from New Mexico, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment