Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Florida XI

I had read, somewhere, that there was a memorial in Tropical Park in Miami. so, I found my way over to this beautiful park that was filled with all the regular amenities, playing fields, shelters, lakes etc and a stadium. I drove all through the place and could find no memorial, so I stopped a worked and asked him and he assured me that no such memorial existed, He told me that the park did have a memorial to Police Officers but not to veterans.


I was disappointed but figured this trip was a bust, far from the first time info had been wrong. As I continued through the park, I just decided that this was not correct. I knew what I had read.



So, I just kept wandering around and was actually on the verge of giving up when off in the distance, amongst some palms, I saw an American Flag.

Base of the monument

I drove over and there is was.



This is a multi-war memorial honoring several wars, no names are listed, but I still found it elegant and beautiful. I had been to another site in the area to find that a memorial I had read about was not yet installed. Perhaps, more on that at a later time.

So, the lesson, this time, was trust your knowledge and instincts. If I had given up this one would have been lost.

Next time, on the 19th, I hope to have some pics of the seasons decorations at The
Wall, so, check back then, as always, at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Florida, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment