Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Minnesota VII

Well, after problems for which I have no explanation, I am back on line. I hope to be able to resume, uninterrupted postings of Vietnam Memorials every 5th day at 9:00am, as has always been my practice. I am sorry for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused.

Today, we return to Minnesota as previously promised.




Hardwick lies in the southwest portion of the state and I was directed to this memorial by a local, I had been unaware of it.


This one, like the one in Edgerton, nearby, honors generation after generation of those from the area that have defended the country. No specific memorial to 'Nam actually exists, but all are honored here.



I have seen a number of sites that have purposely left space for future honors to be given, but this is the first that has a separate, unmarked stone awaiting, sadly, the inevitable, perhaps yet unborn, names that will at some time be etched upon its face.


So, the next time, if all goes well, we will revisit Nebraska, so, meet me there as always at 9:00am on the 28th.

To see additional memorials from Minnesota, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment