Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Indiana VII

Princeton lies in Gibson County, Indiana and on the Court House lawn is a memorial honoring those who served and those who were lost in Vietnam and Korea.




The two panels commemorate the two wars.


The central stone quotes president Reagan and honors those that served as well as the lost.


Eleven from the area were lost in Vietnam and are remembered, for ever, here.


This is another of the far too many memorials about which I can find little information, so, once again, I am asking my readers to fill me in if you know any details or stories of interest. This happens on occasion and I am always happy to report what you teach me. 

Next time, on September 7th, we will revisit Maryland, actually the Naval Academy in Annapolis. so, join me there at 9:00am on the 7th.

To see other memorials from Indiana, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment