Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Utah V


Just a little south of Salt lake City is West Valley. The Utah Cultural Celebration Center is located here and it is home to a memorial to the American and Vietnamese soldiers who fought side by side in the hopes of bring independence, peace, and freedom to South Vietnam.

The two battle clad warriors stand side by side proudly holding the flags of their respective countries. They gaze off somewhere, perhaps the future as they hope it will be.




The soldiers stand above an amphitheater like area as if watching over it.



On this journey I have made it a priority to try to take "portrait" like pictures of the soldiers I find. I am not sure what I will do with them all, but, I think I might one day do posts or a story just about the faces.

The American
The Vietnamese

 The Center located at 1355 West 3100 South in West Valley City, UT.


Next time, we will venture down a little further south of Salt Lake City to Murray City to a small city park that has a memorial to all who served. So join me on the 14th, at 9:00am for our last stop in Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment