Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wisconsin VIII





As I drove out of Sheboygan, I happened across this all vets memorial. I thought it was quite beautiful and a little different so, I took a few shots of it.

It has a number of "Walls" with names of the lost, from various wars, etched upon them. I was there not long after Memorial Day and was pleased to find the roses placed at the markers. Each rose was dedicated to a specific individual. I was touched by that.

The back of the large wall, with the name of the site on it, is covered with names of those who served in our nation's conflicts, while only those who were lost are listed on the smaller black walls.

I have been unable to find much info on the site so, I will ask you all again. If you know anything, please contact meat 50statememorials@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment