Sunday, February 6, 2011

Arizona




I don't usually interrupt the flow of my posts but, today I must make an exception. I am in Tucson, Az. and they are experiencing the coldest temperatures EVER recorded. It has been in the 'teens several evenings in a row. If you have been following the news you know that they are having terrible problems supplying natural gas to peoples homes. As a result, water lines are freezing and bursting all over creating havoc for many. People have been falling on the ice outside our hotel. It took a little bit for the hotel to get salt and barricades out to help. I guess this is just something they are not used to dealing with out here in the desert!

I came across these statues outside the Palomino Mall at Swan and Fort Lowell and couldn't resist getting the pics. I drove by two days later, the temp was in the 60's and there was still a little ice on a couple of them.

Anyway, enjoy. The memorial posts will continue on the regular five day schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment