Thursday, December 23, 2010

Nebraska







Something a little different today.

As it is the holiday season, and for me that means trains under the tree, I thought I would post these pics of these engines. They welcome you into Nebraska. As I was leaving Council Bluffs I could not help but stop and see these.

These are among the largest engines ever built. They commemorate the joining of the east and west by the railroads and they are located in a park dedicated to John Cooper Kenefick, a long time leader of Union pacific. I had only been vaguely aware that the westward movement of this famous story of the race from San Francisco to Ogden, Utah began in Omaha.

So, for all you train fans out there, enjoy and Happy Holidays!

I'll write about Nebraska Vietnam Memorial sites in the near future

1 comment: