Thursday, April 11, 2024

Delaware XXV

I returned to Delaware this week to see something I have not seen before: a memorial specifically to M.I.A.s. I have, of course, seen POW/MIA memorials all around the country, but never before one specifically to MIAs.

A 15 foot tall obelisk honors those from all wars but the names listed are only from Korea and Vietnam. 

 

Those from .Nam:

LEONARD A. BIRD - 1LT U.S. MARINE CORPS
GENE K. HESS - SSGT U.S. AIR FORCE
LARRY F. POTTS - CPT U.S. MARINE CORPS
EDWARD A. WILLING - CPL U.S. MARINE CORPS
JOHN M. MARTIN - LTCOL U.S. AIR FORCE
WILLIAM L. NELLANS - MAJ U.S. AIR FORCE

 

 

It is located in Dover at the corner of Loockerman Street and legislative Avenue near the City Hall.

Next time, on the 16th, we will return to Maryland, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from Delaware, or any other state, please click on a state name on the left side of this page.

As is now my custom,  I will ask anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not shown here, to send then to me and I will include them (giving you full credit.) Any number of you have added knowledge and honor to this site by doing just that. It is always appreciated and makes this effort better, more completed. Thanks to those who have contributed and to anyone who will do so now or in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment