Saturday, April 6, 2024

Colorado XL


My last post from Colorado was of the memorial dedicated by the Vietnamese community of Denver. As I explained then it was a very difficult shoot for me. You can review all that here. That being said, I want to try to give you some feeling for the faces, as I so often do, of those who fought and of some who were lost.

These particular likenesses were quite high above the ground so suffer, some, from not being able to capture them straight on.

Anyway, we owe them honor.

 


 
The statues are well worn but still...

I wish the circumstances had been better and that I had been able to do them greater justice.

Next time, on the 11th, we will make a return visit to Delaware, so check back to see if I made it and join me there, as always, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from Colorado, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page. Take note, too, that Ireland, Canada, and Puerto Rico  have been recently added to the list.

Once more I will ask anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not shown here, to send then to me and I will include them (giving you full credit.) Any number of you have added knowledge and honor to this site by doing just that. It is always appreciated and makes this effort better, more completed. Thanks to those who have contributed and to anyone who will do so in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment