Thursday, January 19, 2023

New Mexico XXIII

Got a late start today, so this is posting a couple of hours later than usual. Hope to be back on schedule on the next post.

It is said that the New Mexico slogan, Land of Enchantment, comes from Las Cruces. Stunningly beautiful, it more than lives up to this compliment. 

In addition to its natural beauty Las Cruces has quite a remarkable Veterans Park. I have posted from here in the past and promised to return for additional posts. You can see those earlier posts here and here.

 

Some of these new pics come from my visit to the park while the Vietnam memorial seen above was still being planned, so some may seem redundant or perhaps insufficient.  Trust me, they did a great job on the stand alone 'Nam memorial.

 

 
 
This is a place that deserves a visit should you find yourself in the area. It is located at 2651 Roadrunner Parkway.

Next time, on the 24th, we will revisit New York, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from New Mexico,  or any other state,  please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment