Thursday, December 15, 2022

Maine XX

While perusing various photos I once again reminded that the service of women, our sisters, is often overlooked, but when I came to some pics from the Capitol building in Maine, I noticed that there was a memorial on the wall to women who served throughout our history.

These following pics are taken from a larger memorial on the wall and they are not identified specifically but they demonstrate the service of women.

When I was in 'Nam, women service members were few and far between. I did see a few when I was in the hospital and a few (perhaps the same ones,) when I could get to a fairly secure beach area half an hour away from our base. They were all Officers, of course, so any interaction was extremely limited.

But, women served in some way or another in all of our entanglements. I have written before about the fact that my former mother in law was a Women's Army Service Pilot during WWII and these pics just remind us that we were not alone.



And, of course one of our own from 'Nam from a statue in Bangor.

Women will continue to serve (as they always have) and we will continue to benefit from their courage, commitment, and dedication to duty.

Next time, on the 20th, I will begin my tradition of posting some pics of "other things" as I always do during the holiday season, so check back on the 20th, as always at 9:00am., to see what I have found. I do this each year to take a break from writing about our lost brothers and sisters and to demonstrate that I am not just a one-note photographer. I do take photos of "other things!"

To see additional memorials from Maine, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment