Friday, November 18, 2022

Indiana XII

Well, first off let me say that the poster featured in my Veterans Day post did not post correctly. I have no idea why as it looks perfect in my view. I have tried to adjust it to no avail, so click on the link in the post and you will be able to see it (and many others as it should appear.)

Today, we return to Terra Haute, Indiana for a look at the face in their memorial. See the original post here.

The memorial here honors all but especially the 27 from the surrounding five counties.

This guy represents them all.

I see resignation in this face or perhaps a realization that this is not going well. It always amazes me what an artist can do with the materials the work in.

I have read that there is an effort to move this memorial to a new location. I have not determined that it has actually happened. If I find out, one way or the other, I will surely up date you.

Next time, on the 24th, look for a Thanksgiving wish, as always at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Indiana, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment