Sunday, November 3, 2019

Connecticut XV

Once again I have been caught not being able to keep up with my responsibilities.

I have not posted for a while as I have been up to my neck in another, exciting, project. I hope to be able to tell you about it very soon.

For today, however, I will take you back to Connecticut.


Brooklyn is among a few sites I have seen where no one was actually lost in Vietnam. I can't really say how many places build a memorial solely to those who served, but in my travels I have not seen very many, it always pleases me when I do come across one.


This one sits adjacent to the Solders and Sailors Memorial on Route 169 near the intersection of Highway 6.


I know I repeat myself when I say that I am often taken aback by what small towns do for their own. with fewer resources than larger places they still seem to honor their sons and daughters.


I thought the symbol/insignia at the top of the stone was interesting. I have not seen it before and wonder if it is not unique to this memorial.


Next time, on the 8th (I hope!) we will venture to Georgia, so join me there at 9;00am.

To see additional memorials from Connecticut, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment