Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Mississippi VI

Mississippi was the very first memorial I visited on this journey, nearly 10 years ago. I was there about two years after Katrina devastated the southern coast and was astounded at how little had been done to restore the area.

This project, at the time, was still roaming around my head with no real plan of how, or when, to start. I discovered the memorial and spent several days trying to photograph it properly, but what struck me about it was its resilience, if you will. It survived, somehow, when much of what surrounded it was just gone.

These faces, just a couple from the many, say the same to me. Resilience. I think they speak volumes about vets and our never ending efforts to live, love, survive. These did not return

So, as you look at these guys, remember that.



Some of us struggle much more than others. These three and the 658 others from Mississippi never got the chance to try.

So, on the 5th of August we will return to New Jersey, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Mississippi, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment