Monday, July 16, 2018

Massachusetts XII

In keeping with my on-going efforts to honor those lost in Vietnam I began a smaller project called Faces of Remembrance, where I present portrait like photos gathered from memorials around the country.

It has somewhat startled me to discover of the approximately 700 memorials I have visited how very few actually have likenesses of those lost. So, let me use this post as an endorsement of the Wall of Faces project underway at the Education Center coming to The Wall in DC. The center is attempting to collect photographs of every name on The Wall, all 58,318, I encourage you to participate.

Many states have already completed the process but more pictures are needed. So if you have one, send it to them.

Go here for info about how to submit a photograph:


http://www.vvmf.org/how-to-submit  
  
These photos are a little different as they are not from memorial statues, as are most, but from the plaques on the Charlestown section of greater Boston's Wall. As I was not planning this particular subset of pictures when I traveled in that area, these pics are pulled from the larger photos and therefore are a bit skewed to the eye. Lessons learned, lessons learned.








Next time, on the 21st we will see another face from Michigan. Join me there at 9:00am, as always.

To see additional memorials from Massachusetts, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment