Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Wisconsin XII Faces of Remembrance


We have visited the High Ground before and I promised we would return.

Today, in keeping with my sub grouping of Faces of Remembrance, we will honor these faces from the original statue at the site, called, Fragments.


The artist that created the work would not sign it as he felt it was signed by the many names of the lost inscribed here, their families and all affected by the war. He said it was signed by "all of us."


This face, when examined closely, is that of a women, aiding all the others, carrying the burden of their loss. She is said to be the first woman ever featured on a Vietnam memorial.


This severely injured soldier is being aided and supported by all the others.



This face is unclear to me. My first impression is of someone very young, and his attire is inconclusive. when you watch the YouTube video on the site, they speak of the wars impact on families and children and just as the word children is uttered, this face appears. I am trying to track down if that was purposeful or simply coincidental. I will, of course keep you apprised of any info I find.

Next time on the 14th, we will revisit Wyoming, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Wisconsin, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment