Thursday, September 21, 2017

Misssissippi V

Quite some time back, I posted about a memorial in Tunica, Mississippi and my great visit with the West's, the sculptors.

Now that I have begun this new sub-project, Faces of Remembrance, I will return there to bring you these noble men, noble faces.

These three, in an often seen theme, speak to the brother helping brother stories that develop in every war. Now, in our times of seeming great division, one wonders why it takes war to get us to put aside our differences, biases and prejudices?

I present our fellow warriors.




I noticed while working on these pics that I had not yet started my habit of taking "portraits" of individual soldiers at these sites, so I had to crop these out of the Tunica memorial pictures.

Next time, on the 26th, we'll revisit Montana, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Mississippi, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment