Thursday, September 7, 2017

Maryland XVI

We have been in Gaithersburg, Maryland before, in fact, on this very street. West Deer Park Road is the home to memorial to William Christman III that we visited quite some time ago. However, just a few feet away is another memorial.


This one, in a copse of trees, is to all those from Gaithersburg who sacrificed all in Vietnam.


Extremely reminiscent of the standing stones you see in Ireland and other countrys, it pays honor and respect to these soldiers. I often say that I love all these memorials and that is the truth, but, this one is personal to me, I live not far from here and I know some of these names. An interesting note is that one of these guys is not from Gaithersburg, but the next town up the road, Germantown. I have been unable to find any information as to why he is included here. If you know, I would certainly love to hear the story! You, my readers, have on many occasions provided me with updates and better information, hope someone can this time, too.

On September 11th, I will post another of the many 9/11 memorials I have found in my travels, as is my custom. So, join me here on the 11th at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Maryland, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment