Thursday, October 6, 2016

New Jersey X

About an hour southeast of Cherry Hill Twp. lies the town of Magnolia. The American Legion Post 370 is at 430 N. Warwick Road and it sponsors a multi-war memorial and a Vietnam memorial on its grounds.



I have seen other pics of this memorial with only the three top names, but when I was there a new name had been added. It was dedicated in 1987, but when this , hopefully, final name was added is not clear.


In addition to the memorials on site are these "tiles" that I found interesting. One for our POW/MIA's and another that is simply patriotic.





 I, often, wonder about these names that are added as time goes by: who will be the last one and will we know? How will we know? I wond2r who and when the last name will added to The Wall. as you may know names are added every May if they have been identified. Names were added this past May bringing the total to 58,315.

Next time, on the 11th, we will head back to New Mexico. So, as always, join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from New Jersey, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment