Saturday, October 1, 2016

New Hampshire X

Driving through New Hampshire is spectacular, especially in the fall. I wandered into the town of Gorham and was surprised to find this rather large memorial just off the road. It is located across the street from a Subway that was decorated for both Halloween and Christmas. I liked that. I, also, noticed a Moose Tours sign hanging out side. I would have loved to do that, but no time. I did see a moose not too far down the road.


The memorials, like so many others in smaller towns, is a multi-war memorial and honors many who served and/or were lost in a number of wars.



Among all the names I could find only one who was lost in 'Nam and he is remembered with the larger group who served and also on this paver stone dedicated to him.


As always seems to be the case, a number of names have been added after the original memorial was built.


The population of Gorham was less than 3,000 in the 2010 census. they should be duly proud of this magnificent memorial to their citizens.

Next time, on the 6th, we will venture back to New Jersey, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from New Hampshire, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page




No comments:

Post a Comment