Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pennsylvania XVI


When last I wrote about Bristol Township, Pa., I concentrated upon the War Dogs Memorial and promised to write more about this site later. Well, at this site there is also a memorial to the 19 from the area who never returned.

Today, I will share a few of the pics from that portion of the memorial. Many are remembered here from various wars, but Vietnam holds a special place of honor among them.




 This plaque refers to 'Nam as The Great Indochina War, the first time I have ever seen this designation.


The statue, like so many, speaks to the never-ending care and camaraderie between those who fought, and died, in 'Nam.


As always, the faces tell the story better than I am able.


The site, also, features a Walk of Honor with each of the 19 lost remembered.

This memorial may be found along side the previously mentioned War Dogs Memorial at 2501 Bath Road, Bristol Township, Pa. 

Note, I have also seen this place referred to as Bristol Borough and just plain Bristol.

Next time, on the 23rd, we will revisit South Dakota, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Pennsylvania, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment