Monday, June 29, 2015

South Carolina VI

Conway is in Horry County, South Carolina, not too far northwest of Myrtle Beach. At the corner of Elm and third stands this memorial to all those from the county that were lost.




As is so often the caw, additional names were found that should have been included on the face of the memorial. These names were added to the reverse side and upon inspection, I found something odd.

Note the last of the four names. He died in 1995. I do know of at least one case where a vet from Illinois was in a coma for 30 years and only, relatively recently added to the Illinois memorial in Springfield. I could find no information about this soldier, so I am counting on you to get in touch if you have any information. I have made this request before and have gotten details about other mysteries. So, folks, let me hear from you if you can help. I'd like to know and be able to tell his story


So, next time, on the 4th, look for a special post, at 9:00am as always.

To see other memorials from South Carolina, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment