Saturday, April 21, 2012

Oregon IV






One of the most beautiful settings I have found for a memorial is Kelley View Point. High on a hill over looking the magnificent Columbia River and The Dalles, Oregon sit a number of memorials. All Vets, Korea, Vietnam and since I have been there, Desert Storm.

Often misidentified on line, the Vietnam memorial is the one in the center of the picture. I have seen the one to its right called the 'Nam memorial other places. While the one on the right does include Vietnam, the center one is actually the 'Nam memorial. I have isolated a pic of the correct one here. The one to the left is Medal Of Honor Memorial.

I thought the sign identifying the memorial was interesting, too. Simply wired to the chain link fence next to the memorial.

1 comment:

  1. This really is a beautiful spot. It seems like a peaceful spot to sit and reflect.

    ReplyDelete