Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Maryland XLIII


This past summer I had the occasion to visit Bel Air, Maryland. I had driven through on a number of previous occasion coming down I-95 from somewhere else, but never visited.

What a lovely place. Found perhaps one of the best Mexican restaurants this side of Santa Fe and a lovely tribute to the many who have served and were lost in various wars.

Vietnam was prominent among those honored.

It is located in a pretty little park adjacent to the Police station located at 50 E. Lee Street.

There is no designation as to whether these served or were lost, except that across the front it says: 

For God Forever Honored       For Country forever Mourned



View from the rear over wild flowers and a small pond.

Next time, on September 30th, we will revisit New Mexico, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from Maryland, or any other state, please click a state name on the left side of this page. Please note that Canada, Ireland, and Puerto Rico have been added to the list.

If you are following along at all, you will have seen that a number of you, like Joan from Wisconsin, Tony from Texas, Mike from Maryland, Ron from Florida, Tim from Virginia and Molly from Florida, among others, have responded to my request to send me memorials you have seen in your area or where you may have traveled. I even got one from Ireland! These submissions help expand the knowledge of how we have remembered the men and women who served or were lost in 'Nam and you help to honor them. If you have any such photos, I would love to see them. Please send them along to the email at the left and I will gladly share them here. Thanks, once again, to all who have contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment