Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Arizona XXXIV

Last time we visited Arizona, I shared a few pictures from the Eloy Vet Center. You can see that post here.

Directly across the street from the center is this small area donated by the city. It is considered a reflection/meditation spot and is really quite calming.

Caught between two buildings, I would have easily missed it if the guys at the Center had not offered to take me over to visit.

 

Murals cover the side of the one building.

Detail from the above mural.

It is not clearly stated anywhere, but these "always soldiers" sure seem to represent those of us who served in 'Nam. 


More general is this "Thank you" to those who severed, no matter when. It is a little hard to see but it is written in script at the lower left of the picture, under the arm of the saluting soldier.

There will be more pictures from this quite extensive site in the future, so be on the watch for them.

Next time, on the 1st of October, we will revisit California, so join me there, as always at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Arizona, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

If you follow along here you know that I always ask readers to send me any memorials, that I have not featured here, that they may have seen, just like Joan, Anthony, Molly and others, I promise to give photo credits (which might only matter to professionals) and hope that some might do so. A number of you have honored me and our fellow vets by doing just that and I hope this will encourage more of you to get in touch.

If you have photos, please send them to the address at the right side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment