Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Oregon XX

When I first saw this face on a memorial in Hubbard, Oregon, I thought it was to a 'Nam vet, lost or missing.

I filed it away and didn't think of it again until recently as I perused my files for something new to post. I began doing a little research and discovered that this guy not only served in 'Nam, but also in WWII and Korea and survived all three.

He retired as a Major General in the Marine Corp.

 Here is what is posted at the site.

So, he was not only a hero in the service of his country, but, also, to his family. Offering his life for one: giving it for the other.

Next time, on the 13th, we will make a return visit to Pennsylvania, so meet me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Oregon, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

 

Update: My apologies, this portrait looked much better on my end of all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment