Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Pennsylvania XXII

I spent some time n Wilkes- Barre, Pennsylvania recently and visited the Vietnam memorial at Luzerne County Courthouse about which I will post more at a later time.



However, directly across the street is a small, unassuming, memorial for those from Kings College who were lost. It honors the many from various wars but, Vietnam is not forgotten.


 I have been completely unsuccessful at finding anything about this site. There is nothing on the college web pages and, seemingly, nothing anywhere on the internet.



 I did find this comment that I copied from an interview with a Vietnamese refugee named Mr. Bui. in 2009.

"Our sponsor was a young, brave college student from King's College, Pennsylvania, Denise Goodwin. Denise still stays in touch with my oldest daughter and one of my sisters to this very day. While my daughter was attending college as a midshipman/engineering cadet at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, she visited Denise and her family on Long Island, New York."

If you have information about this memorial or the number from Kings College lost, I would love to hear from you.


Next time on the 23rd we will venture back to Rhode Island, so join me there at 9:00am.


To see other memorials from Pennsylvania, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment