Saturday, April 6, 2019

Alabama XII


The Elmore County, Alabama, Court House may have more memorials on its grounds than I have seen elsewhere.

I have written previously on this site about at least two others and today I want to share with you this POW/MIA memorial that graces these premises, too.


Surrounded by these flags it makes quite an impression, but I have been unable to find anything about them. Are they towns, cities, or municipalities? I just don't know, as always, if you do I would love to hear from you.

The memorial also features an eternal flame. I always think that these add a dignity and a sense that those honored here will be honored forever. Sadly, I have seen a number eternal flames that no longer burn.

The plaque reminds us of the sacrifice of so many and to be grateful to them


It is easy to begin to ask the unanswerable questions while remembering these brave brothers and sisters, but do not dwell upon these for too very long for they will only bring grief, not answers.


If you survived and wonder why, perhaps you have a mission to fulfill that is not yet complete. Take solace in that and move forward at all times.

Next time, on the 11th, we will revisit Arizona, so join me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Alabama, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment