Monday, March 25, 2019

Virginia XIII

I visit the Museum of the Marine Corps in Triangle, Virginia fairly often. I was not a Marine, but the museum is a fabulous place to get a sense of American involvements around the world and there is a whole wing dedicated to Vietnam.

Outside, as I have said before, there is a long walking path with memorials dedicated to many individual groups and the last time I was there I came across a couple that were more recently added.


This one commemorates and honors those of the 1st Battalion 7th Marines


Like nearly all of the memorials here it sits among the trees, perhaps reminiscent of the jungles of Vietnam.


Semper Fi, Marines, Semper Fi!

Next time, on the 30th, we will take a trip back to Alabama, so as always, meet me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Virginia, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment