Sunday, February 3, 2019

Indiana IX

Evansville was under heavy construction when I visited, but along or near main street there are a number of memorials including this one to Vietnam.


Much simpler than the one along the River Front Esplanade, seen elsewhere on this site, it honors the 67 from Evansville who were lost.

55 are listed on this side
The reverse side list a few more, I do not know if these were added later or if this was the original design. If pressed to guess I would say these are names that were not known at the original dedication, but I can find nothing to verify that.  It is interesting to note that one name was added to the front on the lower left side, so I guess the question remains open.



The alphabetical listings on each side certainly add to my belief that these were added later.

Next time, on the 8th, we venture again to Kansas, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Indiana, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page

No comments:

Post a Comment